onsdag 27. august 2008

Touching the future with my fingertips

In my last month, many things have happened to me. I have experienced some of the best concerts in my life, at the Øyafestival. They captivated me so much that I almost forgot the pain in my legs after standing for six days in a rowe. Examples of brilliant bands:

My Bloody Valentine, Sigur Rós, Grinderman, Mogwai, Iron & Wine, Dark Meat, Fleet Foxes, Jamie Lidell, Okkervil River, The Mae Shi and Yeasayer were some of the international bands that captivated me.

But there also were a lot of good norwegian bands; Lukestar, Animal Alpha.... I should've seen more norwegian bands perhaps, I don't think Ida Marias performance is worth putting up here, and she is even making it big internationally. Maybe it's time to take a break and breathe?

And even then the Oslo trip was an experience in it self, although I could be more satisfied about the rooms they gave us at the hostel.

After coming home from Øya, I started packing my things, because of the changing of the seasons, and because of the education I have begun with. I was moving from Langevåg, maybe forever. This had a sorrowfull effect in my, I almost couldn't see my friends too much before the leaving because I am so bad at saying goodbye. Some of my friends I managed to meet and say goodbye, but others I didn't. But I will try to make it up to those with letters. Maybe nice letters which makes others happy.

I am having a great time in my new place, this apartment is big enough for the two of us(Me and Karina), and though the bathroom stinks after somebody uses the toilet, we can manage and... use the airconditioner.

Happy thoughts about happy times, this is the happiest days of my new life. I might get cynical and frustrated in the winter months, but then againg that is the season where I belong. The winter has always had a big influence in my life, both in ways of making me stay inside and making me a pianoplayer. What else would I be doing inside all the time? I get more cynical about music too, in the winter. I may throw away cd's, which might sound catchy in the summer, but almost horrible in the winter. It's those buys you regret!

I like eating my own bread, eating my own food in general, sleeping under my roof which I pay for. It's all those little things that makes me feel like a person, and not some child. The day I drove from my house was very hasty, and I didn't look back. Should I have looked back?

At all those memories... No.

My new Tarot-cards tell me that this will be my problem in the future, grasping after the past.

Now...I'm touching the future with my fingertips. And it feels really good.

Ingen kommentarer: